Get Sky Atlantic, Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without getting Sky – and pay less with these great NOW TV deals and offers.
What is NOW TV?
I’m a big fan of Sky’s NOW TV (read my Ask Andy guide). It’s essentially a mix of Netflix and iPlayer for Sky channels. The great thing is that you can subscribe month by month, rather than tie yourself into a year-long contract as you would if you had satellite or cable TV. However, the films, TV and sport are all on different packages so getting all three would be pricey.
- Entertainment is the main Sky TV offer: including streaming of Sky Atlantic, Sky One, FOX and more, plus full box sets of series such as Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead and Modern Family (they do come and go though). It’s also the only way to get Sky Atlantic if you don’t have full Sky TV. Full price is £6.99 a month until mid August. Then it goes up by £1 to £7.99 a month.
- Movies package has all the films on Sky Cinema (formerly Sky Movies) channels on demand, so far more recent movies than Netflix and Amazon. Full price is £9.99 a month.
- Kids pass is just £2.99 a month and includes Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon.
- Sports package is a day or week pass to all the Sky Sports channels. Full price is £6.99 a day and £10.99 for a week. There’s also an expensive monthly pass I wouldn’t recommend.
You don’t need any special equipment to watch, as it can be streamed via your computer. But if want to watch on your TV you can also buy a NOW TV box for £14.99 or get a Google Chromecast (see below for some great deals on those). Some smart TVs and YouView boxes have an app installed (though my YouView is movies only, not TV or sport).
Make sure you have enough broadband data and speed. And remember to cancel before the end of a month package if you don’t want to automatically carry on the subscription.
Current top Now TV offers and deals (quick links)
- New NOW TV customer deals
- Existing NOW TV customer deals
- Sky Sports NOW TV deals
New NOW TV customer deals and offers
The best offers are pretty much always for new customers. I’ve ranked them in the order of how good I think they are.
* £12 bonus cashback, and up to £10 more when you shop at NOW TV via Quidco*
If you’ve not signed up to cashback site Quidco you can get £12 cashback when you first shop via the site (this an exclusive deal for Be Clever With Your Cash – you won’t get a better new member rate elsewhere), and if that’s with NOW TV, you can claim up to £10 more cashback. It’s also only for new NOW TV subscribers.
Do double check the cashback rates as they can change on a daily basis.
If you don’t want to continue at full price, make sure you cancel before the prepaid package is up.
* Get up to 50% off when first timers sign up to NOW TV Cinema or NOW TV Entertainment*
If you’re a newbie, these deals are worth considering, though the offers above usually represents better value.
For every extra month you buy, you get a discount, with the max of £51 available if you buy six months of Sky Cinema and six months of Entertainment – but remember it’s only a deal if you actually want to watch both and you want them for that amount of time.
It’s only for new NOW TV subscribers. Make sure you cancel before the prepaid package is up or you’ll pay full price for the following months.
NOW TV Entertainment pass offers
NOW TV Sky Cinema pass offers
NOW TV Entertainment and Sky Cinema combo pass offers
* Get a Now TV Entertainment, Kids and Sky Cinema free trial*
You can now get a free 14 day trial of one of (or all) the NOW TV Entertainment pack, the NOW TV Sky Cinema pack and the NOW TV Kids pass. Cancel before the 14 days to avoid getting charged full price.
Existing NOW TV customer offers and deals
Sadly, most of the special offers are only for new customers. But there are lots of ways existing customers can save each month.
* Cheap NOW TV box and pass bundle deals*
This is often one of the cheapest ways for existing customers to get new passes.
There are two types of NOW TV box available which both come with multi-month passes. Since they’re often discounted they’re a great way for existing customers to snap up cheap passes.
Passes generally last for 12 months, so I tend to pick up a couple of boxes when they hit a very low price. I’ve not sold spare boxes on eBay, but I know people have.
The boxes themselves are pretty good too. They let you watch NOW TV, iPlayer, All4 and ITV Player on your TV if you don’t have a smart TV. You can even play premium Spotify through it. The newer passes also allow you to pause live TV and watch Freeview channels. However, the best deals are usually for the standard box.
Prices can be as low as £19 for a six-month Entertainment or four-month movies pass and £12.49 for the three and two-month equivalents. However, the normal “deal” prices are nearer £25 and £15.
Best right now: Currys and Argos are selling the two and three-month passes and box combos for £14.99.
* Multi-month pass (no box) deals*
If there aren’t any deals for the pass and box combo, these are really good options.
Zeek is a website that lets people sell unwanted gift vouchers, and there are often NOW TV Sky CInema and Sky Sports passes available with a discount.
Usually this puts the two months Sky Cinema pass at £13, so £7 off the full price.
You can also use the code CLEVERCASH to save an extra £5 off your first purchase (if it’s your first time using Zeek).
You can pick up the same pass from Amazon or Currys for £15. Though it’s often better value to buy it with the box, if you don’t need one this does the job.
* Latest Sky Sports NOW TV deals*
Check out the cashback offer at the top of the page for the best deal, but if you’ve already signed up to Quidco you often can save between 10% and 50% on week and day passes, plus get a free pass with Carling beer.
More on my bespoke deals page for Sky Sports below.