Your Money, This Week is a new regular Friday bonus episode on the podcast that looks at the biggest personal finance and money news stories of the last seven days.
I’m joined for this one by finance journalist Simon Read and we look at topics including:
- The tax self-assessment deadline
- A new bank from US giants Chase
- The GameStop trading madness
- A potential increase in the contactless limit
- Higher minimum repayments for Barclaycard customers
- People losing an average of £45,000 to clone scammers
Please do leave a review and rating. Here’s how to do it on Apple Podcasts and iTunes.
Don’t forget to join the Cash Chats community on Facebook.
You can listen to Cash Chats on all podcasting apps. Click through to your favourite and hit subscribe so you don’t miss future episodes
- No self-assessment late filing penalty for those who file online by 28th February (Gov.uk)
- More than £78 million stolen by ‘clones” (The Mirror)
- Contactless limit could rise to £100 (i)
- Everything you need to know about how a Reddit group blew up GameStop’s stock (CNN)
- JP Morgan to launch digital bank in UK (Guardian)
- Latest bank switching figures (Payments Council)
- Barclaycard increases minimum credit card repayments as major shake-up kicks in (MSE)
- UK holiday boom: Bookings ‘coming in thick and fast’ (BBC)