Find out how we can work together on your platforms and channels.
Money expert and presenter
I’m available to appear as a presenter, guest or expert for TV, radio and social media broadcasting, or provide articles, interviews or quotes for national, regional and online media.
Please use this contact page to get in touch.
I was the resident money expert on Channel 5’s new series Shop Smart Save Money which ran for 19 episodes between 2018 and 2019. The show was a mix of studio and VTs, and I wrote and produced my segments on each.
I’ve appeared on BBC Breakfast (BBC One), Rip Off Britain (BBC One), Right on the Money (BBC One), BBC News channel, Steph’s Packed Lunch (C4), Channel Five News, Rip Off Britain Food (BBC One) and more.
Radio & podcasts
I’ve spoken as an expert on Radio 5 Live, Money Box (Radio 4), You and Yours (Radio 4), Newsbeat (Radio 1), Eddie Nestor (BBC London) and dozens of local radio stations.
I present my own weekly podcast – Cash Chats with Andy Webb. In 2021 it won Best Money Podcast at the SHOMO awards, while 2020 Apple included the show in its “Be a better you” collection. In 2022 I interviewed Chancellor Rishi Sunak on the show.
I’m also available to appear on podcasts to talk about money. My guest appearances have included
- Your guide to mortgages and home buying with Andy Webb (The Penny Drops for Royal London)
- Appy Talk (BBC Scotland)
- Cash Chats & Money Bloggers with Andy Webb (Meaningful Money)
- 26 best money apps to save money (In Her Financial Shoes)
- Make money through your bank (Secrets to Saving)
- The best bank accounts for your money (Pennies to Pounds)
Print and digital publications
I’ve provided comment, tips and insight for a number of publications. These include The Times, the Guardian, The Independent, The Sun, The FT, The Mirror and the BBC website. Here’s a selection
- Coronavirus: Six money-saving ideas for lockdown and beyond (BBC)
- What to do if you’ve overspent on the summer (BBC)
- The best £1 I ever spent (the i)
- How to give your finances a spring clean (BBC)
- Half of twenty-somethings have no savings (BBC)
- Yellow stickers: Secrets of cut-price food revealed (BBC)
- I got a Waitrose coffee for 1p – this is how I did it (The Mirror)
- Seven simple ways to cash in (The Sun)
Alongside Be Clever With Your Cash, I work as a freelance personal finance journalist.
I pen a weekly column for Metro, as well as one every month for Reader’s Digest. I regularly contributed to MoneyWise magazine before it closed in 2020 and I ran The Money Advice Service’s blog for four years (2014 to 2018).
I’ve also contributed guest posts for other blogs such as Compare the Market, Lloyds Bank, GiffgaffMoney, Money For Life, Skint Dad, Debt Camel and others.
Working with brands
Though I don’t take any sponsored content on Be Clever With Your Cash or YouTube I’m keen to chat about ways we may be able to work together on your own channels.
This could be:
- advertising on my podcast (e.g PensionBee, TopCashback, MoneyHub, Octopus)
- Q&As on your websites (e.g. Halifax, Lloyds Bank, Experian, Yolt)
- as an independent expert on press releases and on media days (e.g. Barclaycard)
- presenting video content on your channels (e.g. Scottish Friendly)
- giving talks to your staff (e.g Taylors of Harrogate, CityPress PR, Immediate Media)
- speaking at events (e.g. We Out Here festival, Virgin Money, Live Life Well Festival)
- consultation on your product/campaign/business
- outreach with other personal finance content creators and influencers (e.g. Nectar, Fidelity, Clearscore, Plum)
However, I’ll only work with brands that I feel offer a good proposition to consumers. I refuse to work with short-term, high-interest lenders or gambling firms.
Working with UK Money Bloggers
I also run the UK Money Bloggers community and each year since 2014 we’ve held our annual ‘Show Me The Money Bloggers’ conference and ‘SHOMO’ awards.
Brands involved over the years included Quidco, PensionBee, Yolt, Vanguard, Experian, Sainsbury’s Bank and Hootsuite.
I also help find bloggers and content creators for paid campaigns.
Working with SEO agencies
I do not work with SEO companies or take guest posts. Please do not contact me if this is your objective.