This is the cheapest hi-speed Fibre internet deal I’ve seen. Pay £5 a month for 12 months, the £13.50 a month for six months. Plus get a £75 voucher!
If you’re after faster broadband you’ve generally got to pay for it. Over an 18 month contract it’s likely to cost you at least £180 more than standard home internet connections. At least. My call has been to wait until prices drop, but yesterday I jumped at this offer and upgraded my TalkTalk internet.
For an extra £5 a month I’ll be getting up to 38mps rather than then 10 or 12 I normally get. Now that we stream most of our TV via NOW TV and Chromecast that will make a huge difference.
The deal breaks down like this
- You need a TalkTalk landline at £15.95 a month (if you prepay for 12 months you can make a slight saving of £19.20)
- The minimum contract is 18 months, and if you are already have Talk Talk, you’ll start a new contract (existing deals like TV will continue)
- New customers can get a £75 voucher (you can spend it at 100s of retailers including Boots, Argos, Cafe Rouge and Thorpe Park)
- For the first 12 months you pay £5 extra
- The remaining six months (and longer if you don’t switch) will be £13.50 (£10 if your internet is already with TalkTalk)
I’ve had a quick look at the other main providers and they only offer six months free, so this is a really good saving. The deal ends on the 4th November.
If you are thinking of upgrading your broadband, phone or TV package, read my guide to the ways to get best value.