Here’s a quick rundown of when the sales start over Christmas and the New Year, both online and in-store.
I’ve pulled together what I can from different sites and adverts, though some are guess work! If you find something is wrong, please leave a comment at the bottom of the page so I can update. I’ll also add to this list as more sales go live.
Though many have already started, expect the big discounts and big shops to happen from Christmas Eve onwards.
It’s also possible that those listed as Boxing Day onwards could start their online sales earlier, so if there’s something you really want keep an eye on those websites. Where I know they do start early, I’ve noted below what day.
Online sales often go live at midnight, so the best deals could be gone by morning.
Don’t forget price matching happens, especially with electricals, so if something is out of stock at one shop, try another.
Remember, buying something just because it’s cheap doesn’t make it a bargain, but there are things you can do to make sure you find and buy those cut prices products before everyone else.
- The Body Shop
- Dorothy Perkins
- The Hut – Plus from Christmas Eve use code SNOW to get £10 off £50 fashion sale items
- Ikea – Ikea Family members get an extra 10% off
- River Island
- Miss Selfridge
- Thorntons – Online only at moment. Try code XMAS25 for an extra 25% off
- Urban Outfitters
- Amazon – I’ve seen some sites list the sale as starting on Christmas Day instead
- Argos – Online only. In-store probably Boxing Day
- Boots – Online only, in-store Boxing Day
- Currys and PC World – Online only, in-store likely Boxing Day
- Debenhams – Online only from 6am, in-store 7am Boxing Day
- John Lewis – Online only from around 5pm, in-store from 27th Dec
- Harrods – Online only from around 5pm
- House of Fraser – Online only, in-store Boxing Day
- Marks & Spencers – Probably online only, in-store likely Boxing Day
- Next – Online from 3pm, in-store from 6am Boxing Day
- New Look
- AO (Appliances Online)
- Banana Republic
- French Connection
- Richer Sounds
- Tesco – Online midnight, in-store 8am
- John Lewis – Though price matching as usual any earlier sale
These online shops are worth checking out as they usually have special offers during the big sale periods
- Etsy – Plus new users can get a free £5 to spend